Skip to main content

Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum

Historic photographs from the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History, originally presented in 'A Walking History of Middlebury' by Glenn M. Andres.



rss RSS

Show sorted alphabetically
Show sorted alphabetically
SHOW DETAILS
up-solid down-solid
eye
Title
Date Published
Creator
View of Warner Hall, ca. 1915.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., College buildings--Vermont, Middlebury College....
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of original cast-iron fountain in Triangle Park at the corner of Main Street and Merchants Row. The fountain, donated by Joseph Battell in 1908, was removed and replaced in 1938.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Monuments--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: Gipson Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Masonic Hall (1823) at 3 Court Street on the left and the former Courthouse (1883) by Clinton Smith on the right, ca. 1910.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Courthouses--Vermont--Middlebury, Public...
Source: Gipson Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
image
eye 75
favorite 0
comment 0
View of 3 Mill Street (ca. 1840) (also known as the Old Stone Mill), occupied by Peter Hawkes, Ltd., 1979.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Mills and mill-work--Vermont--Middlebury, Commercial...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Pulp Mill Bridge at the end of Seymour Street.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Wooden bridges--Vermont--Middlebury, Bridges--Otter...
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Middlebury Railroad Station (1891) before 1912, when it was moved from the west to the east side of the tracks. Also known as the Middlebury Depot.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Railroad stations--Vermont--Middlebury, Seymour...
Source: General Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Old Chapel Museum, ca. 1890s.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., College buildings--Vermont, Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: General Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Gamaliel Painter House (1802) at 2 Court Street, looking southeast from Court Square, 1939. Also known as the Wainwright House.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Middlebury (Vt.), Addison County (Vt.), Court Square...
Source: General, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Irion, Christopher
image
eye 105
favorite 0
comment 0
View of 54 College Street (1815) when it was occupied by Lyons Place, 1979. This building was constructed by Jonathon Hagar on the site of the Vallette Block and moved to this site in 1863.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of 46 North Pleasant Street (1795), ca. 1860, when it was owned by W. S. McMillan. Also known as the Freeman Foote House.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., North Pleasant Street (Middlebury, Vt.), Addison...
Source: General Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of North Pleasant Street looking south toward town from the intersection with Stewart Lane and Elm Street, ca. 1892.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Roads--Vermont, Middlebury (Vt.), North Pleasant...
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the falls and the southwest end of Main Street immediately after the September 11, 1875 fire.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Fires--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Stereoviews, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Irion, Christopher
image
eye 63
favorite 0
comment 0
View of 40 Main Street when it was occupied by the Vermont Book Shop and Park Drug, 1979.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the falls looking northeast from Mill Street, ca. 1892. The building in the foreground is the Brandon Italian Marble Company wheel house.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Waterfalls--Vermont--Middlebury, Industrial...
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Barnes, O. C.
image
eye 34
favorite 0
comment 0
View of the original Methodist Episcopal Church (1837) and parsonage on Seminary Street, which burned in 1891. The second Methodist Church was built on the same site in 1893.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Church buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, North...
Source: Stereoviews, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Main Street looking southwest from the bridge immediately after the fire on September 11, 1875.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Fires--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury (Vt.), Main...
Source: Stereoviews, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Civil War Monument (1905) and Merchants Row looking west toward Main Street, ca 1905.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Monuments--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: General Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Middlebury village and Chipman Hill from the cupola of Old Chapel, ca. 1898.
Topics: Addison County (Vt.), Middlebury (Vt.)
Source: General, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Marble Works District while occupied by Brandon Italian Marble Company, taken from the top of the Congregational Church, ca. 1913.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Industrial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Marble...
Source: General Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Irion, Christopher
image
eye 35
favorite 0
comment 0
View of southwest Main Street from Battell Bridge, 1979.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Middlebury Falls on Otter Creek after the stone cotton mill burned in the fire of 1891. The Brandon Italian Marble Company wheel house in the foreground was built from its remains.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Waterfalls--Vermont--Middlebury, Mills and...
Source: General, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Barnes, O. C.
image
eye 77
favorite 0
comment 0
View of downtown Middlebury, especially Merchants Row and the Village Green, from the cupola of the Addison House (also known as Vermont House and Middlebury Inn) in winter, ca. 1870s. Pleasant Street is just visible at the bottom left.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Village greens--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury...
Source: Stereoviews, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Main Street looking southwest across the bridge immediately after the fire of September 11, 1875.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Fires--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: Stereoviews, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
image
eye 54
favorite 0
comment 0
View of 1 College Street when it was occupied by Emilo's Delicatessen, 1979. Formerly occupied by a gas station, later a bakery.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Old Stone Jail on Washington Street, built by Jabez Rogers in 1811 and converted into a residence in 1840s.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Prisons--Vermont, Middlebury (Vt.), Addison County...
Source: General Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Original Gamaliel Painter House (1787) (also known as Dudley House) at 7 Seymour Street, moved to this site from South Pleasant Street in 1802.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Seymour Street (Middlebury, Vt.), Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: General Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Main Street looking northeast toward the Congregational Church after the fire in 1875 and before the fire in 1891.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Addison...
Source: Stereoviews, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Starr Hall, ca. 1910.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., College buildings--Vermont, Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: photograph album 1970.08, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Main Street looking northeast just after the fire of Nov. 22, 1891.
Topics: Carriages and carts, Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Main Street (Middlebury Vt.),...
Source: Averill Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Starr Library reading room, ca. 1910.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., College buildings--Vermont, Middlebury College....
Source: photograph album 1970.08, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of National Bank of Middlebury building (1910) on Main Street.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Bank buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury...
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Barnes, O. C.
image
eye 75
favorite 0
comment 0
View of Mill Street and the Main Street Bridge looking east immediately after the fire in 1875.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Fires--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: Stereoviews, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Vallette Block (1863) at 86 Main Street. The John Warren House is visible on the left.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Main...
Source: Oversized Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Dean, R. A.
image
eye 25
favorite 0
comment 0
View of Main Street looking southwest. Immediately southwest of the Beckwith Block (1883) is the stone cotton mill that burned in 1891.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Carriages and carts, Commercial...
Source: Dean Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of interior of Benedict's Store in the Battell Block, 1903. Proprieter Ransom Benedict is in the left foreground.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Addison...
Source: General, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the interior of Mead Chapel (1916), showing the Palladian window on the west wall before the organ was installed there in 1971.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., College buildings--Vermont, Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Irion, Christopher
image
eye 23
favorite 0
comment 0
View of 1 Court Street (1962) on the corner of Court and Washington Streets, occupied by Chittenden Bank Building, 1979.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Bank buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Middlebury looking northeast from west of the college, showing the cupola of the Graded School (1867) (also known as the College Street School and Twilight Hall), the partially completed Battell Block (1892), steeple of the Congregational Church (1809) and Chipman Hill in the background, ca. 1890s.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Middlebury College, Addison County (Vt.), Middlebury...
Source: Porter Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of South Street, looking south from the intersection with South Main Street, ca. 1910. The house in the foreground is 95 South Main Street, also known as Blinn House.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Middlebury (Vt.), Addison County (Vt.), South Main...
Source: photograph album 1970.08, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Main Street looking southwest from the top of St. Stephen's Church immediately after the fire on September 11, 1875.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Fires--Vermont--Middlebury, Commercial...
Source: Stereoviews, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of a sleigh in front St. Stephen's Episcopal Church (1837) and the green, ca. 1860s. The Inn Annex (1825) (also known as the Wainwright House) is visible in the background, before it was significantly remodeled in 1881.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Church buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Episcopal...
Source: Averill Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Battell Block, looking southwest toward Merchants Row from the village green, ca. 1900.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Park Street looking northeast, showing the Sheldon Art Museum (1829) (later known as the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History) at 1 Park Street, the Hotel Logan at 2 Park Street and a private residence at 3 Park Street, ca. 1915.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Hotels--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the rear of Forest Hall, looking southeast, ca. 1940.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., College buildings--Vermont, Middlebury College,...
Source: Gipson Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Irion, Christopher
image
eye 84
favorite 0
comment 0
42 and 40 Main Street occupied by Calvi's and Montgomery Ward, 1979.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Middlebury Railroad Station (1891) before 1912, when it was moved from the west to the east side of the tracks. Also known as the Middlebury Depot.
Topics: Railroad stations--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Middlebury...
Source: Averill Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
1885 photograph of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, Middlebury, Vermont. This is a scanned version of the original image in Special Collections and Archives at Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vt.
Topics: St. Stephen's Church (Middlebury, Vt.), Middlebury (Vt.), Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures,...
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Irion, Christopher
image
eye 29
favorite 0
comment 0
View of the Hayward Block (1815), also known as the Hagar Warehouse, College Street, 1979.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Hayward Block (Middlebury, Vt.), Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the interior of Benedict's Store at 5 Merchants Row in the Battell Block, ca. 1900.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Battell Block (Middlebury, Vt.), Merchants Row...
Source: Oversized Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church on College Street, ca. 1900.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Church buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Catholic...
Source: Hagar's Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Female Seminary on Seminary Street before it was torn down, ca. 1906.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Schools--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: Henry Sheldon Scrapbook 107 (SMRC00279), Stewart-Swift Research at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Dean, R. A.
image
eye 29
favorite 0
comment 0
View of the Old Courthouse (1883) on Court Square and its southern neighbor on Court Street, ca. 1900.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Courthouses--Vermont--Middlebury, Public...
Source: Dean Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Washington Street, looking northwest from the intersection of Washington and High Streets in the early twentieth century. Colonel Isley's barn (1904) at 24 Washington Street is in the right foreground.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Roads--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: Gipson Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the fountain in Triangle Park, St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, the Beckwith Block and the Brewster Block on the northeast end of Main Street, ca. 1908.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Graded School (1867), ca. 1900. Also known as the College Street School and Twilight Hall.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Schools--Vermont--Middlebury, Public...
Source: Averill Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Irion, Christopher
image
eye 36
favorite 0
comment 0
View of the Ross Block (1903) at 64 Main Street when it was occupied by The Kitchen Shop and Middlebury Darkroom, 1979.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the East Room of the Gamaliel Painter House (1802) at 2 Court Street, 1937. Also known as the Wainwright House. The chair pictured is now in the collection of the Henry Sheldon Museum.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Middlebury (Vt.), Addison County (Vt.), South...
Source: General, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of West Cemetery on South Main Street, adjacent to the Middlebury College Campus.
Topics: Historic sites--Vermont--Middlebury, Cemeteries--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury (Vt.), Addison...
Source: Averill Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the National Bank of Middlebury building (1910) on Main Street, ca. 1915.;
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Bank buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, National Bank...
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Hepburn Hall and Mead Chapel looking north, ca. 1930s.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., College buildings--Vermont, Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Congregational Church (1809) in the second half of the nineteenth century.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Church buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Addison...
Source: Averill Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the stone cotton mill (1811) on the northeast bank of Otter Creek before it burned in the fire of 1891.
Topics: Waterfalls--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Mills and...
Source: Averill Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Irion, Christopher
image
eye 34
favorite 0
comment 0
View of 73 Main Street when it was occupied by Fisher Travel Service and Nationwide Insurance, 1979.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of Main Street, looking northeast, ca. 1913.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury,...
Source: Postcards, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Irion, Christopher
image
eye 15
favorite 0
comment 0
View of 91 Main Street when it was occupied by Dr. C. R. Gagne, Optometrist, 1979.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Middlebury (Vt.), Addison County (Vt.), Main Street...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Irion, Christopher
image
eye 84
favorite 0
comment 0
View of Campus Cinema on Main Street, 1979.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Theaters--Vermont--Middlebury, Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
by Irion, Christopher
image
eye 33
favorite 0
comment 0
View of Vallette Block (1863) on Main Street when it was occupied by Benjamin Bros. Dry Cleaning, 1979.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Commercial buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Vallette...
Source: Irion Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Grace Baptist Church (1882) at 52 Merchants Row, ca. 1882.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Church buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Grace Baptist...
Source: General Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Pulp Mill Bridge at the end of Seymour Street.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Wooden bridges--Vermont--Middlebury, Pulp Mill...
Source: Gipson Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of 46 North Pleasant Street (1795), ca. 1860, when it was owned by W. S. McMillan. Also known as the Freeman Foote House.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., North Pleasant Street (Middlebury, Vt.), Addison...
Source: General Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of 23 Seminary Street, built by Samuel Bent in 1825, ca. 1890s. Individuals pictured are unidentified.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Seminary Street (Middlebury, Vt.), Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: General Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Sheldon Art Museum (later the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History) at 1 Park Street, ca. 1900. Founder Henry Sheldon is standing on the porch.
Topics: Museums--Vermont--Middlebury, Sheldon, Henry, Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History, Park Street...
Source: General Collection, Henry Sheldon Museum Research Center
View of Addison House and the village green from the northwest end of Merchants Row, ca. 1870s.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Hotels--Vermont--Middlebury, Village...
Source: Stereoviews, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Historic Middlebury from the Henry Sheldon Museum
image
eye 23
favorite 0
comment 0
View of the Swift House looking northwest from the intersection of High Street and Stewart Lane, ca. 1900.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Swift House (Middlebury, Vt.), Middlebury (Vt.),...
Source: Dean Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
View of the Memorial Baptist Church at 97 South Pleasant and its southern neighbor, 111 South Pleasant Street.
Topics: Middlebury (Vt.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Church buildings--Vermont--Middlebury, Baptist...
Source: Gipson Collection, Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History